Using IPFS to help people from poor communities

We have a large project in one small area of the UK to revolutionize how people from low income households or other challenging circumstances like the homeless can access services. Now, we want to make sure their identifiable data is secure, even to us so they can trust the system. What we are building is so they can access advice, fill out forms, send data and much more. A lot of them don’t have internet access or it’s too expensive. I was wondering if anyone thinks that IPFS could help to be part of the solution. Even if it’s for their personal details which will not change of course. For instance, name and age. That means only they can access it. It could also mean that low income communities could access information from each without internet access.

For $1 lisence fee per employee per month I can help you out, I have built my own implementation utilizing ipfs written in c# as a nuget package that can run anywhere including the browser, which is secured with standard encryption algorithm in End-to-End model on various potential attack surface.

If you are serious about this, I will write a document showing off its features.

If you run into troubles when using this library I can try to fix it or you can request a refund for that month.

And here’s a prototype (not secure, and I delete messages sometimes) that runs on any devices’ latest browser from couple months ago : Nyx (project-hanako.azurewebsites.net)

Messages are encrypted on people’s devices, and you can share the credentials to access the messages on other devices, it shows the ideas that you have a system that belongs to the future d-internet, you can store people’s name / medical records, or the login account to your website, and unlike the legacy internet we have that stores all these things in their server, it’s stored in people’s device instead.