I’m developing a DAPP which allows visitors to upload pictures via js-ipfs-api to my own ipfs node. Since it’s unlikely that other nodes will ever receive requests for these images, my node will be the only one having pinned them.
Currently, every picture is just been added without relation to others. However, I’d like to be able to have just 1 hash listing all of them. Example (XKCD comics): https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmWEAXcqwq5zY2u8Z1mii5m3MXricctd7efFep7sSEWZQz
- Is that what folders are for?
- Will folder hashes change if new content is added?
- If (2) is answered with ‘Yes’: Is IPNS the right ‘tool’ to solve this issue?
I want to achieve the following goals:
- Easy access to all data for all interested parties
- Easy setup of new nodes for storage redundancy (until ipfs-cluster is working for collaborative strangers)
- Easy backup of data outside of ipfs
Thanks for this great technology and keep up the good work!