I’ve got some questions regarding privacy and IPFS:
- How easy is it to track someone’s browser habits assuming you know their node identifier?
- How easy is it to get a list of all nodes who currently have a given content hash?
- What can be done to preserve individual user/device privacy and still participate in a distributed system like IPFS?
- What can publishers do to improve the privacy of their users when distributing content on IPFS?
- What can publishers do to violate the privacy of their users when distributing content on IPFS?
The design of IPFS is clearly focused on the distributed nature of the network, and that is also what makes the system appealing. However, users want to read embarrassing articles and watch naughty content that they don’t want to be associated with on the network.