Speeding up pinning for CI

I have CI pipeline which checks my playbooks. They install go-ipfs and pins files we need for operations. Those files are pinned on pinata and on our (non-CI) servers.

The time pinnig works varies drastically. Sometime my workflow ends in 4 minutes, sometimes it’s over 20 minutes of retries.

Is there any way to speedup pinning? What is causing slow pinning?

I work on: GitHub - Jorropo/linux2ipfs: This is a tool to upload files to estuary.tech in a VERY lightweigth maner.
Which solves this issue.

It is capable to pin files at gigabytes/s, (capped by the speed of your disks, network or remote servers).
But I suspect it wont be any faster since pinata servers aren’t.

It sounds interesting, but I have a rather small amount of data (< 50MB), and I can’t understand logic of slow pining. Is it something related to the way IPFS works, or I need to debug the issue?

50MB should be almost instant, <3s, my tool is more for many gigs to Tib level of data.

The most likely issue is that pinata is slow.
I think you should change to a faster pinning service.

You should also note that current implementation of bitswap are not fast, in the precise case where you upload to a pinning service, it is faster to stream exporting .car files (archive of IPLD blocks) and send that over http stream, tls, ssh, …

I am not using any pinning service, but just using ipfs pin add . For a 2GB file, it takes so much amount of time to get pinned and these both systems are sitting in far regional areas. Is there any way to dig more and look why it is taking time ?