Set up a node for fast content delivery? (basic question)

I have access to a fast pipeline (undersea cable through work), and read that IPFSā€™s Filecoin ā€œRetrieval Marketā€ rewards miners for delivering content quickly. Iā€™m trying to learn how to run a node, both as a hobby and as a way to support the system (and hopefully cover the costs of equipment while doing so).

Iā€™ve followed some tutorials and set up IPFS on my comp. But what are some best practices for making best use of my access to this pipe? Would I set up a series of external drives, all hooked up to one PC? Or are there better approaches I should aim for?

Sorry for the extremely noob questions. Iā€™m admittedly very new to IPFS, but am (hopefully) a quick learner. :slight_smile:

The only thing you can do from your side is to make sure that your hardware works fast (network-wise, disk-wise). Much of the latency in ipfs will depend on the network protocols (bitswap, dht) and the underlying storage driver (filestore vs standard). Depending on what you store etc you can probably tune configuration and settings, but other than that thereā€™s not much to do. For Filecoin there are not many details yet about how these rewards would work, so we will have to wait for that.