Proof of Concept: InterPlanetary Service System

Hi! Recently, I’ve made a proposal on the subject — A preliminary discussion of the “Workswap” protocol.

In particular, my answers to the mentioned questions are the following:

On what criteria would service 1 chose to use service 2 or service 3?

For example, I can train this set of algorithms (services 2 and 3) through regression, after a while, I will be able to predict better or worse which is the best solution for a specific input.

1. Each peer, that uses services, accumulates statistics about the service provider peers. These statistical data then is used to rank the providers as “good” and “bad” and for prediction.
  2. The providers are ranked with various values including their availability, percent of communication errors, communication rate and communication ratio.
  3. The communication ratio between the peers is the same thing as the credit/debt balance in the Bitswap protocol, but this time it counts for both static and dynamic traffic between the peers giving a way to trade static content for dynamic content and vice versa.
  4. The accumulated statictic of a peer can itself be made public in a form of a service helping the others to select between yet unknown providers.

How will service 1 discover service2 and 3? (And 4 and 5)?

You could also add another competent service to 2 and 3 to your training and selection service.

I see the discovery procedure following way:

1. service maintainers publish services descriptors on their IPNS;
  2. these descriptors include the list of endpoints that actually provide the described services;
  3. the endpoint peers (the providers) publish some counter-authorization data on their IPNS to confirm the fact they are active providers of the corresponding services;
  4. in addition to endpoints the service maintainer can publish downlinks — the links to sub-maintainers.
1 Like