IPNS resolve rate limits

hello,
I am thinking of a distributed application where users would periodically (once every 1h) update some content and publish it to their IPNS. Size of the updated file would be under/arround 1MB.

The service provider would keep the latest content of the file for evaluation purposes.

I have some questions.

1. As I can tell the IPNS update gets published into the DHT. Is there any way to listen to “IPNS published” events.

2. The other way is to poll DHT via ipfs resolve <addr> . If I would poll every 5min to get the latest version of IPNS mapping, how many users could I support before peers blacklist me for spamming the network. Is it possible to poll/resolve 10.000 different IPNS every 5min or would that be considered as flooding the network?

3. Are there any other techniques, not including PubSub.

Thank you for your answers.

Yes, see IPNS Pubsub: https://github.com/ipfs/go-ipfs/blob/master/docs/experimental-features.md#ipns-pubsub

I see that this is not enabled by default. I am using IPFS Desktop on Windows. It seems that the daemon is also runing in the background.

Is there a way to enable --enable-namesys-pubsub in config file and not with a flag? Is there a way to add flags to a daemon started by IPFS Desktop GUI app?

Found an answer to pass flags to daemon with IPFS Desktop.

GitHub - ipfs/ipfs-desktop: An unobtrusive and user-friendly desktop application for IPFS on Windows, Mac and Linux.

PS For anyone searching for the Advanced menu… it’s in the tray.
The config file on Windows is located in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\IPFS Desktop