IPFS for file distribution in local network

Iā€™m doing a similar thing where Iā€™m planning to use MFS (Mutable File System) as the backbone for a ā€œfederatedā€ platform where each instance on the network will maintain itā€™s own complete set of certain MFS file structures (directory trees),

Iā€™m hoping that using the MFS Copy command (like below) will have similar behavior to ā€œrsyncā€ insofar as the ability to only copy mostly just changed data when ā€˜re-syncingā€™ a across two nodes that are already nearly up to date (as a result of how chunking works). My assumption is that any files that didnā€™t change at all, for example, would result in zero transfer/storage during the copy operations. Iā€™m hoping to issue just one copy command on the root of the folder structure, and let the ā€˜recursiveā€™ copy completely to the equivalent of an rsync.

Iā€™m posting here since it is directly related to the above, and may help the OP, but also because I had this question of ā€œam I crazy or notā€. to try that. lol. :slight_smile:

curl -X POST "http://127.0.0.1:5001/api/v0/files/cp?arg=<source>&arg=<dest>"