I have several use cases for IPFs that have an unusual set of constraints or features:
- Content Hosts have effectively no technical experience beyond modifying HTML tags
- Hosts have absolutely no funding for long-term storage nor ability to pay technicians for help
- Content is static data, often a list of short strings
- Content belongs to/is intended for the public domain
- Content may be socially contentious and likely liable to censorship or targeted takedown attacks, while not being illegal nor violating copyright; often associated with marginalized communities
- There would be substantial, decentralized, disorganized interested consumers in the Content that when finding the content valuable would be eager to "contribute" at the scale of 'signing a petition' (enter email addr and click a button)
To serve these use cases, I'd find it extremely useful to be able to one-click deploy an IPFs Node on free-teir hosting spaces and pin the associated IPFs hash there.
For spaces like Heroku, I'd simply write a simple alarm-clock script to ping other free-tier servers to keep them running; timed server sleeping would be no problem and do not need to be considered.
Does a one-click 'Deploy on Heroku' or the like button/script exist?
Ideally it'd allow a toggle of gateway/not-gateway.
Would others find this as valuable as I would?
Ps: This is also an example of where being able to pin an arbitrary hash via the node's web UI, and where having username/password auth into a node's web UI would be fantastic, although not actually critical.