Ipfs download file problem

I have to use ipfs for one of my projects, so I am going to test it and set up a private network. But the test results made me wonder. I have four Amazon servers as nodes, located in the US, London, Singapore, and Japan. The nodes in the United States are the default nodes.

1. A node uploads a file, and a node downloads a file with a file size of about 100M. The download traffic of the download node is about 100M, and the upload traffic of the upload node is also about 100M. This is no problem.
  2. Two nodes upload files, one node downloads files, and the file size is about 100M. The download traffic of the download node is close to 200M, one node in the upload node uploads about 100M, and the other one is less than 100M, but it is also close to 100M. This makes me wonder.
  3. Three nodes upload files, one node downloads files, and the file size is about 100M. The download traffic of the download node is close to 300M, and one node in the upload node uploads about 100M, and the other two are less than 100M, but also close to 100M. This also makes me wonder.

I have also tried other situations. When the node is downloaded, each storage node will upload the file. When the download node is completed, the node with the fastest network uploads the most traffic, and the node with the slow network uploads the part because the download node has already Finished, no need. If the network speed between upload nodes is similar, the traffic uploaded by each node is similar, and the download traffic of the download node is approximately equal to the number of nodes multiplied by the file size.

Why do you download the entire file between each node when the file is downloaded (when the network speed is similar), instead of downloading a part of the node? Just like bt download

1 Like

I think you’re hitting the same thing as what’s described in this issue.

The situation is expected to be improved when bitswap sessions are implemented.

1 Like

thank you for reply!
I know the problem, I will try to optimize it to solve the problem。

Hi jiejuezhisi,

Have you resolved your problem? Could you share your results?

I am working on large files sharing test. Maybe we have the same issue.

The problem has not been solved. Do you have any idea?

1 Like