IPFS distributed docker containers?

Greetings All,

I am a bit new to IPFS but think that it might be very useful for my needs and wanted to ask for comments or suggestions on the best way to handle this task.

I have 4 Internet hosts what are running Docker engines. What I want to do is to have a very stable, reliable, fast and scalabe filesystem that I can connect to docker containers running on each distributed host so that they can share data down the file structure. I think that IPFS will allow for mounting IPFS in each distributed container, but I am not sure if this will work or if it is the best solution for my needs.

Secondly, I am not sure how IPFS handles dynamic files that are constantly changing as the introduction video suggested that you could change the files but would have to regenerate keys, but will this cause problems?

In any case, I hope that some one will help to clarify this confusion that I have and perhaps suggest a best course of action to help.
Thanks,
Lonnie

so you need to use IPFS as an volume driver exact ?

Not sure if I exactly follow, but I was hoping to be able to mount IPFS inside each docker container so that IPFS would act as a shared filesystem and thus all of the container would see and access the same files. In many ways, this might be similar to a NFS mount across all of the containers on each host.

that can correspond to your wish : https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/volume_create/ if you replace IPFS by NFS just to be sure to understand your need

Yes, that seems to be about right. I want to mount the same IPFS volume to each container simultaneously so that they all see the same files and directory structure. (i.e. all containers have access to the shared files and directories).

I am trying to find out if this can be done with IPFS as the protocol seems to me much faster than others and also seems to scale better.

So then, I am trying to find out how to mount IPFS in containers.

Thanks again

Maybe you need to create Dockerfile to install IPFS and FUSE see that : https://github.com/ipfs/go-ipfs/blob/master/docs/fuse.md