IPFS Discussion Forum Software

Thanks, unfortunately this project is a ton of work, I’m building the majority of it by myself while going through some serious covid related housing issues. I don’t really have time to provide these things yet. Just updating the absolute necessities for the documentation takes up a great chunk of time already.

Just play around with it.

In 0.9.4 there’s two modules, messages and social:

• In messages you can create channels in the left bar and invite people from the channel settings in the right bar, also by QR code which is quite comfy (also works on my old Nokia phone)

• In social, you can set up a (public) social profile and timeline - When public is selected the reference to your latest timeline post is shared with the other peers. So when you create or reply to a post in social, it’s automatically shared in the background on the channels you’re in and the other users automatically parse the reference to the latest node of your timeline dag and for them it then gets updated in “Network” which just blindly shows all your channel members posts. In the future we’ll have custom algorithms here as well. You can also mark people as favorites, by clicking the star next to their name in Social and if they accept, you can send them private messages too.

Btw, you can also use qDesk from galacteek 0.4.37+ It’s in the hashmarks db now under “ipfs/social”

1 Like