IPFS-Cluster with Brave Node

Has anyone ever used ipfs-cluster with ipfs node that comes integrated in the Brave browser? I’m wondering if I can setup a trusted cluster node, then help less technical users setup follower nodes using their Brave nodes. Does anyone have any experience experimenting in this area?

Brave’s node is just a go-ipfs node that brave starts for you.

However, setting up ipfs-cluster is more complicated than setting up a go-ipfs node, so why would you want do that ? Can’t you just also setup a go-ipfs node ?

I am considering starting a project where I abstract away the running of a ipfs-cluster-follower node for a user. (maybe a browser extension idk yet).

Users already spend a ton of time in their browsers. Brave adding an ipfs node allowed users to turn on a setting and then never think about the ipfs node again. To the non-technical user its abstracted away, doing magic. They don’t need to turn it on, they don’t need to remember its there. This is great for mass adoption.

If I or anybody can do the same thing for a cluster-follower then you can create a situation where users could choose to sign up with a community they trust and support that community by pinning their content, say for the community website. Because they are running a follower node in the browser the user wouldn’t need to set anything up and they would pin/unpin the community content.(probably a point here where it might be wasteful).

If done right I think this would allow the users to support communities they like by pining without having to actually manage the pinning. It also makes it very streamline for the user.

I’m still relatively new to IPFS so if this has already been done, or if it is dumb for a reason I haven’t thought of yet, please let me know.

You could potentially wire a cluster follower on top of the IPFS node started by Brave, but the follower would live outside the browser.

Perhaps you could do something like compiling a follower-like thing to WASM and then serving that from a website, which then controls the local IPFS daemon.

Yea this is exactly what i’m thinking, or ever a browser extension(I would probably have to use a js node at that point.)