IPFS 0.7 is out, upgrade asap!

This includes deprecation of the SECIO security transport so you should update ASAP if you are running nodes older than 0.5, as this will affect your connectivity to the rest of the network.

There is also a breaking change to the way plugins are built which you can read more about in the blog post, IPFS 0.7.0, the SECIO retirement edition, is here! | IPFS Blog & News

2 Likes

Just upgraded to 0.7.0 and the webui’s file browser no longer works the way it used to.

I have several trees pinned and can navigate down through the directory levels, but every time I get to an actual file, it only displays “[object Object]”.

This is even true of the original default pin of CID QmS4ustL54uo8FzR9455qaxZwuMiUhyvMcX9Ba8nUH4uVv I can see the files listed, but clicking on any file gives the “[object Object]” instead of the file contents.

Just double-checked and the gateway works as before, browsing directories and then viewing files. It’s only the webui’s pins and files browser that is busted. Even pasting a file CID into the “Browse” entry field only displays “[object Object]”.

@ldeffenb Yes, there is a small regression regarding the preview feature of text files in webui.

This will be fixed in the next release (PR), but as a workaround you can:

• still open them via local gateway for now
  • switch to https://webui.ipfs.io and get the fix as soon its released

Apologies for inconvenience.

@lidel Thank you for the update.