For a research project at the university I am looking at performing a security related research on IPFS. I am currently in the brain storming stage and looking for input that will help me in shaping the direction I go with the research.
Since I am also new to IPFS, I do not have the overview to quickly tell what could be interesting from a security point of view, hence why I am posting here.
To help with generating ideas, I have some couple of questions. I believe input from folks more familiar with ipfs ecosystem would help. Basically:
- What would you say the common attack vectors in IPFS are?
- What qualities of IPFS would you say makes it more secure?
- I believe the content addressing deals with ensuring integrity of data, how are confidentiality and availability addressed within IPFS
- Has there been known security exploit in IPFS? if so do kindly point them to me. Those could lead to interesting ideas
- Has IPFS been used for malicious purposes? if so do kindly point them to me. Those could lead to interesting ideas.
- How is privacy guaranteed?
- How are things like authentication and authorization handled?
- Any other ideas you think someone looking at security research of IPFS should consider
Hoping to hear what folks think! Thanks