How to set up an IPFS repo

I have installed the IPFS-desktop package via snap install ipfs-desktop on an Ubuntu 18.04.4 PC, installed a 2TB drive at device /dev/sbd1 and then Ext4 formatted a single 2TB partition mounted at /media/username/HulaCLoud. I want this drive to be the IPFS repo.

I tried to look in ~/.config/IPFS Desktop/ but it didn’t exist and neither did ~/.config/Electron/config.json.

Eventually I tracked down the config to two hidden files in the SNAP .ipfs-desktop folder – IPFS_PATH which points to /home/username/snap/ipfs-desktop/17/.ipfs and IPFS_EXEC which points to /snap/ipfs-desktop/17/resources/app.asar.unpacked/node_modules/go-ipfs-dep/go-ipfs/ipfs

How do I get IPFS-desktop to use the 2TB drive as an IPFS repo?

If you’re using the IPFS Desktop app, click the icon in the taskbar and there’s a Move Repository Location link under Advanced.

Which version of IPFS Desktop app are you talking about? I am on Ubuntu and installed Revision 1b58b62 with Snap. The only icon I can see which has an “Advanced” link is “Status”, and under that Advanced link there is no “Move Repository Location”, only Gateway, API, Addresses and Public Key.

This is from ipfs-desktop v0.11.4: