Would really appreciate if someone can point to how a client can establish webSocket connection to a node, and gateway. Any examples would be very helpful.
To illustrate more: say from web-browser, I need to perform things such as:
- ‘put a block’ onto one IPFS node I am running
- ‘get back the block’ from the IPFS node I am running
- ‘list all the blocks’ hosted by my node
I came across
ipfs-http-client which establishes a http connection to a gateway and possibly achieve these above - but what I am more interest in knowing is:
- how to establish a websocket connection (not http connection),
- and more importantly, how to connect to my IPFS node I am running (instead of / in-addition to connection to public gateway, such as https://ipfs.io etc.)
There are similar question on this forum from others: such as
- How: browser nodes to fetch content from a go or nodejs node?
- Directly connecting to one node that has all the files I need
which does not seem to have an answers, though would really love to have their solutions
Thank you @stebalien