Help test IPFS in Brave!

qlog files can be viewed using qvis (you’ll need to extract them before uploading them).

What would be interesting here pretty much depends on what your ISP is doing. If you see that after booting up your node, the first few minutes QUIC connections work fine, and after that time you run into connection timeouts, that would be a pretty clear sign of your ISP blacklisting you.
Other forms of interference might be harder to detect. For example, instead of blacklisting you entirely, they could just drop a certain fraction of the QUIC packets you send. This would be interpreted as congestion by QUIC’s congestion controller, and dramatically reduce your bandwidth.

This worked quite well to extract and collect all the log files into a single json file which the qvis website accepted for analysis:

zcat *.gz |jq > logs.json

I didn’t let the node run for very long. Would it be helpful to turn off TCP and run a QUIC only node? Maybe I would see more congestion faster…

I’ll need to wait to run the test because I need to have a fully functional WAN connection for the next 14 hours or so…