Extending IPFS Architecture

I am working on building a peer 2 peer architecture for decentralised selling (a sort of ebay based on locality - locality meaning not only a physical location but also a virtual one (ie a range of interests such as toys, games, sports goods)).

One key aspect of this is building a universal identity and reputation. We have uPort and lot of ID solutions, and reputation is also being worked on but the fundamental issue is that all these solutions end up with fragmented versions. With ID we can have a ShoCard ID or Blockstack or uPort or many more.

I was wondering if the fundamental concept at an architectural level of IPFS of a global file system can be extended to include a concept of a global unique identifier which is trusted. This would mean combining blockchain and IPFS notions.

People usually say build a blockchain solution, store large data on IPFS and hash it to the blockchain and then use consensus to determine if it changed.

But I was thinking if something more fundamental can be done, so we can produce a portable profile in effect which is with someone regardless of their activities but also observing data privacy.

At a fundamental level can the concept of IPFS be extended to incorporate so that we have a IPPS (interplantery Profile System) or just IPP?

I just enigma.co which uses some of the ideas I mentioned. I wondered what people thought. They want to produce a decentralised computation platform. This is their website statement -

“Imagine the tremendous potential of enabling collaboration on private data. Enigma enables analysis in a privacy-preserving way by keeping the data encrypted at all times. Automate and streamline business operations by using our trustless, encrypted platform. We help financial institutions identify terrorist financing, fraudulent activities and better price risk assessment.”