Create a block from scratch

Thanks for the information.
To be frank, Pinata is very slow. Then i used nft.storage and subsequently decided to have my own node.
i’m keeping my line open 7/24

After having the cable connected from my wifi router to my desktop, I’ve been experiencing No internet connection a few times already.

I am not able to use my desktop to write this email and I need to write it on my cell phone using 4g

Is there something I have been doing wrong?

More info:
Both the IPFS daemon & bt software is working. Only the browser (both Brave & Chrome) couldn’t connect

Verify that your router is properly configured to acquire an IP address from the modem. I still can’t explain why both were able to function at the same time before, and it’s possible that your computer was “running the show”. Now that it’s gone, the router has to do it and may not be configured properly for it.

Here’s the screenshot

Wireless Configuration Screenshot

The first screenshot is the one. If you have to supply credentials to connect to your ISP, you should select PPPoE and go from there. If you don’t, select DHCP. Find out which one is the correct one for your situation (you probably received information when you started the account with your ISP. there’s a small chance you were given a static address, in which case you should select “use this address” instead, but the odds of that are very small).

Things may be messed up from having two devices fighting on the modem before. In that case, turn off both the modem and the router. Wait 30 secs, power up the modem, wait till it’s booted and settled, then power yup the router and let it boot and settle. This should clear any leftover craziness from before.

Will do, again, many many thanks!

tried to switch to PPPoE & DHCP in the past hour but always showed NO INTERNET CONNECTION.

Switched back to default “Perform Easy Setup”. Will see what happens in a few days.

Thanks the same!

After switching to DHCP (the most likely one), you probably need to click something else (like OK, Save, Apply, etc) to get it started. It should only take a few seconds for it to connect after that. If you are stuck, your best bet is to call your ISP and ask them what your setting should be.

finally, set to DHCP, up & running

run a few tests on IPFS Check, a few passed all & a few not (:x: Could not find the multihash in the dht)

some IPNS files are ok and one not (used to be ok this morning)

will see how it goes…

thanks so much!

The wifi router is down again.

IPFS directories are fine, accessible

Brave apps and extensions are down

Should I restart the router or Windows in a case like this?

It kinda sounds like a DNS issue. Can you find a status page on the router that displays what it acquired from DHCP? See if there are a couple DNS addresses there, then check Windows to see if it has the same ones.

Also, is this with or without the VPN, as the VPN could be the cause of the issue.

Anyway, your IPFS specific issues have long been resolved, your current problems are purely networking ones. You would get better help from your ISP (modem and settings), a support forum for your specific router, or a Windows networking forum to get those squared away.

Of course, I’ll keep helping with any IPFS specific issues you encounter.

I had a router problem like this. With my old one I would lose connection after a day.

Seams like IPFS fill the NAT table or something. I bought a new one and it works great now 24/7.

Very interesting read. I had no idea some people were having that problem (it has never happened to me, but I’m a dev, so I have more professional networking gear and a fairly complex setup, and fiber connection).

Something that may help him then, is the fact he uses a VPN, which would “dump the problem” on the VPN provider, since it bypasses his router.

Here are some screenshots about DNS for your reference. VPN is on

None of those are it.

I’m also starting to think that you suffer from the problem described in the previous post, where your router’s state table is too small to handle the number of connections generated by IPFS. If that’s the case, try and run through your VPN and see if that solves the problem.

Right now, i’m having about 300 peers discovered by IPFS.

" try and run through your VPN…" , i’m not sure how you mean. I’m always working behind a VPN (it’s A NordVPN browser extension) on my Brave browser

By the way, the wifi routers dropped 2 times already in the past hour.

shall i disable this HolePunching setting to see what will happen?

You can, but I doubt it’s the culprit. Switching your Routing.Type from “dht” to “dhtclient” would have a much bigger effect on it. Also, reducing your high/low water values would help too.