Hi, there. Appreciation to all the lovely people who make this possible.
We’re planning to build a private network which allows us to duplicate files over. These are the constraints about this network:
- “private” here means we don’t want outside parties to join and we don’t want content to be available publicly even outsiders have the CIDs
- there should be only one “conductor” peer who can sort of control the network:
- add/remove files from the network
- control which peers get what
- there will be a couple thousand peers in the network
- one or more files (~200Gb each) will be distributed periodically and we need the duplication throughout the network to be done in a timely manner (hard requirement)
After some investigation, ipfs-cluster has emerged as a very promising choice. But there’re a still few questions that we need answers so that we could make the architectural decisions
- how exactly do ipfs/ipfs-cluster duplicate content over the network?
- is there anything we can do on the ipfs/ipfs-cluster level to speed up the duplication over the network? like managing the distribution strategy