About the ipfs application

We are considering IPFS or filecoin based search technology. Because IPFS is based on hash content addressing, and the data is fragmented, is there a feasible solution for the search engine to facilitate data lookup?
We are also planning mobile phone-based ipfs applications. Currently, the IPFS protocol does not support 3G or 4G mobile communications. Why? Is there an update plan for this part? In addition, can the mobile phone performance support the filecoin node program running?
How ipfs-based applications and storage are compatible with filecoin networks? While ipfs is free to store, filecoin is an incentive for network optimization. How can ipfs applications be deployed and used on more optimized filecoin networks?
Thank you!

1 Like

HI sztom

for : urrently, the IPFS protocol does not support 3G or 4G mobile communications. Why?

I don’t know but if you know how to worls this protocol you can contribute at this project or ask with the team about that : https://libp2p.io/

for : How ipfs-based applications and storage are compatible with filecoin networks? While ipfs is free to store, filecoin is an incentive for network optimization

In my view filecoin permit to increase number of replication node for a ressource, yes.

for : . How can ipfs applications be deployed and used on more optimized filecoin networks?

we have more solution for that :

1. create a website which persist document and data on IPFS.
  2. store you html / js application in IPFS publish with IPNS and create on DNS entry with your IPNS Entry.

For mobile application in my knowledge we have a project :

i hope that can helped you

Regards

Sorry, @sztom, but your questions don’t make any sense. Filecoin isn’t ready, it isn’t even defined as to how it would work theoretically, I don’t know how “you” are considering it. IPFS and Filecoin are different things, IPFS isn’t “free to store”, that doesn’t have any meaning.

@josselinchevalay, of course IPFS supports 3G, 3G is just TCP. The different name refers to a lower-level protocol, but the upper-level stuff all works over 3G or whatever.